Beets & the TV creep out
Aug. 17th, 2026 12:27 pmOkay.
I am creeped out because I didn't think TV worked this way.
I expect my computer to betray me to other internet things, and so if ads for things I've been recently rabbit-holing about then appear, it's annoying but no longer creepy.
As you know, what with beet greens and beet not-rum, I've been rabbit-holing beets. I just saw an ad for a beet product in a TV ad.
!!!!!
Are TV ads not pre-canned, loaded early and unchangeably?
If my TV programs start serving up current rabbit-hole adjacent ads, I'm going to have to swear off TV. Too creepy. I know it shouldn't be any different than ads in my Facebook, but this is a creep too far.
I am creeped out because I didn't think TV worked this way.
I expect my computer to betray me to other internet things, and so if ads for things I've been recently rabbit-holing about then appear, it's annoying but no longer creepy.
As you know, what with beet greens and beet not-rum, I've been rabbit-holing beets. I just saw an ad for a beet product in a TV ad.
!!!!!
Are TV ads not pre-canned, loaded early and unchangeably?
If my TV programs start serving up current rabbit-hole adjacent ads, I'm going to have to swear off TV. Too creepy. I know it shouldn't be any different than ads in my Facebook, but this is a creep too far.