Sorry - spoilers, spoilers, spoilers
~
~
~
~
Okay. So I accept that Spock might be "inebriated" enough to think he was hallucinating James Kirk. He has, after all, just recently imagined T'Pring, and committed damage to himself while "believing" it was T'Pring using the scissors. Game pieces being moved is really small potatoes. Even the final slap fits into the same type of experience as the T'Pring experience.
My question is: Now that we know James Kirk is real, and he spent his time with a Spock who appears to not keep secret his belief that Kirk is a hallucination, why do the planetary gases not affect Kirk?
Kirk says he is on holiday at Cesnar. The gases are planetary, not just at the resort. And even so, he seems to have been spending his time in the resort, so the gases should have got him.
Ortega's lack of inebriation is explained by the gases' effects being blocked by her negative emotions. Is Kirk to be assumed to both have negative emotions and also be a seriously empathetic ear for Spock? Very kind and open, actually. And why does Kirk never get out of his uniform? If it is because he views Starfleet as his family, then La'An should also have been in uniform.
In practical storytelling terms, I understand these quibbles keep the audience from knowing that Kirk is real. But I think it is damn sloppy.
Okay, yes, Kirk asked for french fries, like he is stoned - but then he should really have asked for Doritos. *nods*
(PS - yes, I looked up the yiddish meaning of "plotz".)
~
~
~
~
Okay. So I accept that Spock might be "inebriated" enough to think he was hallucinating James Kirk. He has, after all, just recently imagined T'Pring, and committed damage to himself while "believing" it was T'Pring using the scissors. Game pieces being moved is really small potatoes. Even the final slap fits into the same type of experience as the T'Pring experience.
My question is: Now that we know James Kirk is real, and he spent his time with a Spock who appears to not keep secret his belief that Kirk is a hallucination, why do the planetary gases not affect Kirk?
Kirk says he is on holiday at Cesnar. The gases are planetary, not just at the resort. And even so, he seems to have been spending his time in the resort, so the gases should have got him.
Ortega's lack of inebriation is explained by the gases' effects being blocked by her negative emotions. Is Kirk to be assumed to both have negative emotions and also be a seriously empathetic ear for Spock? Very kind and open, actually. And why does Kirk never get out of his uniform? If it is because he views Starfleet as his family, then La'An should also have been in uniform.
In practical storytelling terms, I understand these quibbles keep the audience from knowing that Kirk is real. But I think it is damn sloppy.
Okay, yes, Kirk asked for french fries, like he is stoned - but then he should really have asked for Doritos. *nods*
(PS - yes, I looked up the yiddish meaning of "plotz".)
no subject
Date: 2026-08-09 03:54 pm (UTC)I mean I was thoroughly entertained BUT
no subject
Date: 2026-08-09 10:43 pm (UTC)[1] - no I can't spell, and I don't know where to find accents on the keyboard, nor where to put them if I do
no subject
Date: 2026-08-09 11:41 pm (UTC)[1] I keep watching it for La'An and Chapel. :)